Dear Constance,

How are the children? I hope you are well. There is no need to worry about me out on the field and I know you wish you could join me.   But you are doing everything you can, a volunteer nurse, and housewife. How is my father? William Stanton, I also know he would like to join me out here as much as you would, but please tell him not to worry. He needs to focus as much as he can on keeping the bank running. To help you, the kids, and the north. I miss you Constance and I will continue to fight for our brothers and for the opportunity to come home to my wife and kids alive. Every day we risk our lives and I fear I will never see you again. Tell the kids all is well, I pray to see you again once the war is fought.

Love from, 
       Bruce Stanton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evara Wigfall´s 1863 post

The final letter home